Position: DevOps Specialist
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 4+ years of relevant work experience
Education: Degree in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors makes material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers include some of the world’s most recognized brands, including GE and Toyota. OTTO Motors is a division of Clearpath Robotics. For more information, visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the job
The OTTO Motors division of Clearpath is looking for a DevOps Specialist to work in the Fleet Software Group.
The Fleet Software Group is responsible for the design, development and support of the Fleet Manager and software applications that allow our users to interact with, monitor and support their fleets of OTTO Autonomous Vehicles. This involves participation in the entire product workflow, from customer insight gathering, problem definition, solution proposals, application design, development, and support.
For this role we are seeking an individual to develop & maintain the build, test and deployment infrastructure. You will be working closely with other members of the DevOps, Vehicle Systems, Fleet software development teams as well as many other groups within OTTO Motors, in order to ensure the stability and functionality of the entire CI/CD environment.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the ability to work remotely is a requirement.
- Development and support of our CI/CD build/test environments.
- Working with development teams to add new feature and functionality
- Improving useability and robustness of our tooling
- Troubleshooting automation/deployment issues and bugs.
- Supporting development systems infrastructure.
- Researching new technologies/techniques for build/test/deploy improvements.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in software development in an enterprise environment.
- Object-oriented programming experience (C++).
- Working with Linux/Ubuntu based environments and scripting (Bash, Python 3.5+).
- Using continuous integration (Jenkins) and source control (Git).
- Diagnosing and narrowing down the source of issues.
- Software project planning and architecture documentation.
- Working in a collaborative virtual environment, interfacing with other team members regularly, sharing knowledge via diagram, discussion, and example.
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with templating formats and markup languages (XML, YAML, JSON, Jinja, Xacro).
- Experience with ROS / Robotics Systems.
- Experience with database management systems (Postgres).
- Experience in 3D graphics software and programming.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.