Manufacturing Operations Manager (Clearpath Robotics)
Position: Manufacturing Operations Manager (Clearpath Robotics)
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 7+ Years of relevant experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field
Division: Clearpath Robotics - Research Solutions
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through engineering and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About Clearpath Robotics Research Solutions
Clearpath Robotics’ research solutions group is a global leader in unmanned vehicle robotics for research and development, and provides hardware, software, and services to enable self-driving vehicle development, deployment, and operation. Clearpath Robotics works with over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands in over 40 countries, serving markets that span mining, military, agriculture, aerospace, and academia. Visit Clearpath Robotics at www.clearpathrobotics.com.
About the Job
We are looking for a Manufacturing Operations Manager with a breadth of experience in supply chain management, logistics and fulfillment, information systems, and production scheduling.
As a Manufacturing Operations Manager at Clearpath Robotics, you would be overseeing our materials planning and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of raw materials. In addition, you will develop a thorough understanding of our ERP system, utilizing it to its fullest potential. You will also be responsible for our logistics and fulfillment functions, ensuring our products arrive safely to their final destination, and would also work closely with our production team, translating our demand into production schedules.
Lastly, we’re looking for someone who can provide leadership to our bright and passionate operations team.
- Lead and mentor a high performing and passionate team
- Oversee material planning to ensure a steady flow of materials and minimize part shortages
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Regularly communicate with key suppliers
- Improving operational management systems, processes, and communications
- Ensure the team enters accurate and actionable data into our ERP system
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipments to minimize delays
- Prepare production schedules, and coordinate with the manufacturing team.
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain management
- Strong background working with ERP systems (we use Epicor here).
- You are a deadline-oriented planner and you are dependable
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field
- You have a basic understanding of financial accounting and you understand how operational processes/decisions impact the Company’s financial statements.
- You are a good educator and coach.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Understanding of Incoterms and cross-border logistics
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.