Certifications and Compliance Lead
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in managing product compliance and certifications. 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit https://ottomotors.com
About the Job:
You will be working with multiple engineering teams and external partners to plan and execute the certification efforts for multiple industrial products. To complete this work you will:
- Provide regular guidance to product/engineering teams on both the content of applicable national/international standards and underlying reasons for same.
- Ensure that technical documentation is complete.
- Compile and lodge technical reports with the relevant authorities.
- Summarise relevant test data.
- Liaise with NRTLs (Nationally Recognised Testing Laboratories) to acquire and maintain certification markings.
- File declarations of conformity with government bodies where applicable.
- Participate in product design reviews to ensure design trajectory will meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manage critical parts lists that impact safety and EMC compliance.
- Perform risk assessments and guiding other team members on risk assessment strategy.
- Represent company on various standards committees relevant to product offerings
You are a self-starter and capable of creating your own role in collaboration with other teams. You are able to take a goal and design the processes and tasks necessary in collaboration with other groups and teams in order to make it happen. You are good at planning and documenting projects and know how to organize technical documentation.
- Experience with machinery risk assessment activities (ISO 12100, 13849 or similar)
- Experience liaising with recognized testing agencies for electrical safety certification markings (eg., CSA, TUV, UL)
- Experience with CE requirements and documentation (e.g., Machinery Directive, Technical File, Declarations of Conformity, Material compliance, WEEE)
- Experience in applying the standards ISO 13849, Safety of Machinery, or ANSI B11.0
- Experience with product lifecycle norms.
- A multidisciplinary technical background.
- Valid and current Ontario P. Eng.
- Experience in designing to comply with the European Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Experience in applying ISO EN 3691-4 / ANSI R15.08
- Experience in applying ISO EN 1525 / ANSI B56.5
- Experience in applying IEC 61508/IEC 62061
- Experience in applying CSA Z434 (ISO 10218) / CSA Z432
- Experience with IEC 60204, UL 508A / UL 583 / UL 3100, NFPA 79, NEMA and other relevant electronics standards.
- Experience with the software V-model or other similar verification and validation methodologies
- Experience with SISTEMA or a similar tool for MTTFd calculation.
Additionally you will help create the templates and structures necessary for documentation and coordinate the test and certification work with NRTLs. You may participate on standards committees.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.