Position: Project Manager
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 3+ Years relevant work experience
Education: Undergraduate degree or college diploma in an Engineering discipline
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO™ Motors
OTTO™ Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
We are shipping more and more robots and are taking on bigger contracts. We need an additional Project Manager to join our Program Management Office team to take our projects from original concept through to final implementation.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating project deliverables and serving as the point of contact between customers and other departments. As the embodiment of the customer, your job is to lead the project and its internal team through the life of each project with regard to the budget, schedule, customer satisfaction and closeout procedures, from purchase order acceptance to customer acceptance. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Lead and oversee the internal project team and complete projects efficiently, according to schedules, budgets and consistent with company and department processes and standards.
- Primary contact for both internal and external customers.
- Work with the Professional Services and PMO department to develop, review and implement continuous improvement methods and procedures.
- Managing all project risks.
- Assisting with and attending pre-order customer meetings, as requested.
- Ensure sufficient and requisite resources are assigned to all project tasks, and elevating requests to department managers as necessary.
- Ensure that all project problems are properly identified, assigned and addressed, using appropriate ticketing scheme, and that all issue tickets are managed and completed as efficiently as possible.
- Holding regular team communications, with internal team, external channel partners and customers, creating and distributing minutes and action lists.
- Advocates and fosters a team environment within the PMO, Professional Services and the company as a whole.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Direct customer to the appropriate Sales and Application Engineering contacts when provided with expansion opportunities.
- Accountable for all aspects of project reporting including: financial reports (EACs, budget reconciliation) regular KPR and department management progress reporting.
- Track all contract changes with written Change Order Requests, maintaining appropriate documentation and financial impacts.
- Ensure received purchase orders match internal CRM and ERP inputs and correct using necessary channels, and verify product lead time and inventory availability.
- Participate in initial schedule building planning meetings, and manage the facilitation of project schedule, ensuring project milestones and phases are adhered to, taking corrective actions as necessary when delays are encountered both internally and externally.
You want to work for a small company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are customer focused. You view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left incomplete. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You have a mixture of education and experience that makes you a methodical, organized, and technically-minded asset to our team. You can work independently to get the job done but you also know when to escalate so small problems stay that way.
As our next Project Manager, you know how to manage not just the customer, but your own time. You have proven project management experience from previous roles and intimately understand project lifecycle. Bonus points for managing engineering related projects. You are not above accepting or giving help when help is needed.
- Bachelors’ degree in business administration, operations, or education in project management an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project is a must.
- Thorough understanding of project lifecycle/stages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- 3+ years of external customer project management experience.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, while still paying attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google document platforms.
- A strong work ethic and self-starter attitude who learns quickly, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus Points For:
- Mechatronics background
- PMP or working towards PMP designation
- JIRA, Salesforce and Epicor knowledge and experience
- Earned Value understanding/experience
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.