Manager, Development Operations (DevOps)
Position: Manager, Development Operations
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Experience: 8 to 12 years
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant work experience
Division: OTTO Motors
About OTTO™ Motors (Division of Clearpath Robotics)
OTTO™ Motors is a growing, disruptive company, making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
The DevOps Team is in need of an experienced manager to help drive and maintain the continuous integration experience. The team is tasked with ensuring that the full lifecycle of development from source submission to release is fully automated. The team handles all aspects of the development environment and workflow; build, automated testing platforms, deployment and a full simulation stack. We develop testing platforms so that other teams can be empowered to write automated tests. Your day will be split between managerial and supporting development tasks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify areas of improvement within the CI processes.
- Delegate, schedule and manage tasks within the DevOps Domain (Sprint and Long-term).
- Lead and grow a team of highly skilled developers.
- Collaborate with other teams to determine needs and gaps.
- Be an ambassador for quality initiatives to ensure that all teams are producing a high-quality product.
- Maintain and develop DevOps toolchains and automated processes.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 Years of experience managing a technical team.
- Minimum 5 Years experience with DevOps/Continuous Integration processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Linux/Ubuntu based environments.
- Working in a collaborative virtual environment, interfacing with other team members regularly, sharing knowledge via diagram, discussion, and example.
- Python Programming or other relevant scripting language.
- Docker, Kubernetes, VMware or other container or virtualization products
- Maintaining and developing a job management system (Jenkins, groovy).
- Source Control software (Git) and knowledge of best practices
- Experience automating workflows or providing devOps toolchains.
- Experience developing and administering solutions with AWS tools/technologies
- Experience with test infrastructure or automated test frameworks.
- Experience working in the robotics industry or knowledge of ROS.
- Experience working with simulation tool chains (Gazebo)
- Experience with cloud providers beyond AWS
- Experience with python and debian packaging
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.