Mobile Robotics Autonomy Researcher Intern/Co-op
Position: Mobile Robotics Autonomy Researcher Intern/Co-op
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Student Level: Senior/Graduate Studies
Area of Study: Mechatronics/System Design/Computer Science/Nanotech/Software
Clearpath provides autonomous robots and support services to over 1,000 of the world’s
most innovative organizations. Hardware, software, and services are delivered through the
company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe
that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We
need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries
of robotics into focused and practical applications.
We are automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job:
Our OTTO Motors industrial division has recently announced that we will be making our
state of the art autonomy software available for use by other companies. We have a
substantial team working with strategic partners already, but want to make it available to as
many users as possible as fast as possible. You will take the lead in an internal software
prototyping effort to develop configurations on a variety of existing robot platforms in
advance of our general release.
You want the software and systems you work on to impact the physical world directly, and
your debugging skills are just as refined as your programming skills. Real world applications
are more important to you than theory. You’re interested in working on products which serve
some of the world’s most critical industries. You are suspicious of any system which works
right the first time.
- Generating and testing platform and autonomy configurations
- Writing and executing physical and virtual robot tests
- Developing example robot applications
- Documenting development and debugging activities
- Past software development experience using Python, C++, ROS, and git
- Proficiency with Linux (especially Ubuntu)
- Have built or have simulated at least one autonomous robot before
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage deadlines independently
- Familiarity with Gazebo and Lua
- Capable of basic electromechancial integration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with executing and analyzing automated tests
- Experience with embedded hardware, particularly if it weighs more than you do, moves
faster than you do, and thinks that “Terminator” is an instructional video
organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin,
ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you
require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview
process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.