Cloud Security Engineer
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will play a critical role in safeguarding our organization’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud infrastructure and the data entrusted to our safekeeping.
At the direction of the Defensive Security Team Lead, you will be responsible for performing security assessments and recommending appropriate measures to mitigate risk for our public cloud environments. You will assess cloud infrastructure configurations and the implementation and effectiveness of technical controls, and establish the appropriate mitigation steps to address weaknesses in security.
What you will work on
- You will serve as a security ambassador, raising information security awareness across the organization, evangelizing information security best practices, and helping make Clear Capital a security forward organization
- The selection, assessment, and monitoring of security controls and countermeasures relevant to the risks associated with our application of technology in support of our customers and information infrastructure, for our public cloud infrastructure
- The development of system monitoring and visibility capabilities; reporting on incidents, vulnerability management, and trends in the threat environment
- Monitoring for and responding to information security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches
- Analyzing trends and changes in the threat environment with respect to organizational risk; developing and executing plans to address identified risks
- Identifying role based information security training for cloud based roles in accordance with the roles capacity to introduce risk in the performance of their duties
- Play an active role in the design and execution of infrastructure initiatives to ensure an evolving adherence to industry best practices for information security
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Deep experience in one of the following functional areas: AWS Cloud Security and compliance as code, DevSecOps, DevOps Engineering
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials (GSEC), or equivalent information security certification
- Experience in performing vulnerability assessments using a variety of tools and techniques and prioritizing remediation efforts based on risk and availability of resources
- Demonstrable knowledge of information security control frameworks, i.e. NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management, Center for Information Security (CIS) AWS Benchmarks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Customer centric (internal and external), motivated, focused personality
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight, or as a member of a team, and set priorities based on assessed risk, and quickly adapt to changes in a professional manner
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- Ability to manage-up, often working closely with the executive team to complete projects
Clear Capital is a national real estate valuation technology company with a simple purpose: build confidence in real estate decisions to strengthen communities and improve lives. Our goal is to provide customers with a complete understanding of every U.S. property through our field valuation services and analytics tools, and improve their workflows with our platform technologies. Our commitment to excellence — wherever it leads, whatever it takes® — is embodied by more than 1,300 team members across four brands (Clear Capital, Clario, CubiCasa, and REO Network) and has remained steadfast since our first order in 2001.
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Clear Capital does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clear Capital employees, or any other company location. Clear Capital is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.#LI-SW1