Transportation Planning Analyst
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
We are seeking a Planning Analyst to be responsible for overseeing the transportation planning process for various customer product from a diversified set of origin points. The Planning Analyst needs to ensure budgetary goals are met while adhering to customer requirements and mode selection. The Planning Analyst requires a strategic thinker and problem solver to support CJ Logistics America customers on a daily basis and ensure operational excellence.
- Utilize routing information to create load plans for designated shipping locations, ensuring profitability and cost efficiency for the loads
- Communicate with the shipper for production issues
- Tender loads; check warehouse capacity before tendering
- Plan customer returns
- Conduct daily update calls with the stakeholders
- Create daily summary reports and send to CJ Logistics America leadership team
- Solve problems using analytical and critical thinking skills
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal or schedule form
- Identify, measure and manage key performance indicators
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in transportation.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and best practices
- Demonstrated competency in MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
- Experience working in a transportation management system (TMS)
- Experience in a transportation planning role
- Experience working with Google applications
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is DSC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.