Transportation Carrier Sales Representative
As a Carrier Sales Representative , you will be responsible for building and growing relationships with truckload carriers within a new CJ Logistics product offering. You will be responsible for covering loads specific to current captive customers in the Food/CPG industry, and as the member of a founding team, you will have the ability to quickly grow your carrier portfolio across hundreds of available loads per day.
Successful candidates in this role will have experience working in a brokerage/spot environment, with an entrepreneurial mentality. Your carrier portfolio growth will also directly impact your take home pay.
- Use industry experience to attract, develop, and grow relationships with truckload carriers
- Negotiate and manage spot rates, contracts, terms and renewals with carriers
- Maintain consistent communication with carriers to manage business agreements and seek out opportunities to utilize carrier truck capacity
- Leverage CJ technology suite to negotiate competitive pricing, drive automation, and create efficiencies for carrier partners.
- Ensure load details are effectively tracked in the system
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of experience in a carrier sales or broker role within
- Experience with rate negotiations and load execution
- Experience working in a Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience working with Mercury Gate TMS, FourKites, and Trucker Tools
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.