Carrier Performance Analyst
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing carriers
- Monitor carrier performance utilizing carrier scorecards and hold carriers accountable for established KPI’s
- Issue and manage corrective action plans
- Utilize benchmarks to procure transportation services at rates that are competitive to CJ Logistics America
- Act as the escalation point for carriers and internal teams to resolve service and operational issues
- Manage carriers to ensure compliance to government regulations as well as CJ Logistics America policies and procedures
- Communicate market conditions which may impact capacity, cost, and service
- Negotiate contract renewals and rate agreements
- Collaborate with carriers and internal teams on continual improvement initiatives
- Manage network, ad hoc, and lane level RFP’s
- Ensure carrier capacity meets operational needs
- Create and manage route guides
- Manage spot loads (bid board)
- Utilize FreightFriend, Carma and other carrier management applications
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of professional experience or related training
- Experience with organization, planning, and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain Management
- 3 years of experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, brokerage
- Experience negotiating with carriers and brokers across multiple modes of transportation
- Experience working in a TMS and/or CRM
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.