Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Are you passionate about leading a team? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at CJ Logistics America!
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of a value-added human capital strategy in support of CJ Logistics America’s overall mission, vision, business strategy, and core values. The SVP HR directs the organization’s human resources functions including talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, employee engagement, training, learning and development, total rewards, succession planning, and culture initiatives. The SVP HR also serves as the leader and champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), ensuring equitable and inclusive operations and programs and a supportive organizational culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Culture & Talent
- Build a high-performing, competitively differentiated culture of integrity, passion, creativity and respect
- Provide inspiration and foster collaboration across multiple organizations
- Drive employee engagement and implement leading practices for engagement across the company
- Develop and drive employee relations initiatives to create a culture that provides purpose and meaning
- Lead a competitive approach to recruiting, supporting and retaining diverse, high-potential talent
- Develop a comprehensive approach to employee onboarding, development & retention including competitive compensation, benefits & retirement plans, career growth paths & succession planning, employee development, flexibility, and learning opportunities
- Design programs to develop future-forward leaders with consultative, analytical and influencing skills
- Foster CSV (Creating Shared Value in the community) and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs
- In collaboration with Marketing Communications, amplify the company’s employer brand to attract and retain talent and enhance the value of belonging to the company
HR & Business Strategy
- Act as a strategic partner to the CEO and executive team by leveraging talent and HR strategies
- Advise on matters of organizational structure and business operations
- Facilitate change for the business and act proactively in times of change
- Serve as a key member of the company’s cross-functional crisis management team
- Develop and advance KPIs that link HR performance to company value creation
- Translate data into insights with excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Establish an equitable and competitive total compensation structure
HR Function Leadership
- Advance the HR team’s capability, providing mentoring and coaching of HR team members
- In collaboration with legal, implement and maintain legally compliant policies and programs
- Provide consulting for personnel matters as they arise
- Collaborate with IT to ensure continuous improvement and innovation of HR-related technology tools
- Manage the human resources information systems database and necessary reports
- Develop and manage the budget and other financial measures of the human resources department
- Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- 15+ years in HR, OD or Business Partner roles
- Experience providing strategic support of senior executives and business priorities
- Supply Chain and Logistics experience a plus
- Communications expertise a plus
- Advanced human resources certification, such as SPHR, preferred
- Knowledge of employment-related legal and regulatory issues
- Growth stage company experience, including scaling teams
- M & A experience, including the merging of payroll, benefits, conversion of staff, communications, etc.
- Ability to operate at the strategic level, coupled with managing the day-to-day aspects
- Experience in leading HR functions in a company with 4000+ employees
- Experience in working within a large global organization supporting multiple locations and groups
- Creative, collaborative problem-solving capability
- Ability to inspire others and develop trust across an entire organization
- Strong business and financial acumen
- An empowering management style, encouraging open communication and collaborative decision making
- Previous experience working in a foreign investment company preferred
- Bilingual in English and Korean a plus
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization!
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced!
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.