Transportation Optimization Analyst
The Analyst is responsible for data mining and analysis to develop and implement transportation solutions aimed at improving CJ Logistics America’s effectiveness in reducing cost, improving service and delivering innovation for CJLA and its customers. The Analyst will also measure the impact of his/her solutions in order to capture value.
- Analyze and assess weekly and monthly system compliance scorecards and reports for TMC metrics
- Provide input on enhancements to existing processes as well as provide key insight with respect to impact of costs and ROI
- Monitor the daily planning system processes and communicate any technical issues to users
- Summarize and present key reports and improvements cross-functionally to management
- Create and analyze customer profiles, reviewing the impact of new business (staffing, costs, etc.)
- Validate master data for accuracy and provide feedback on how to reduce errors in data
- Ability to work and communicate across multiple operations business units
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience or related training
- Proficient in MS Office products - MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
- Prior experience in an analytical role
- Technical coding languages such as VBA, SQL, R, Python
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- TMS experience
- Cognos experience
- Tableau experience
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to work within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Disciplined problem solving skills
- Mentally flexible & self-motivated - willingness and desire to dive deep into the details while being able to synthesize and implement resolutions appropriately
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously under varying deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office and computer equipment.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.