Accounts Receivable Specialist
This position works collaboratively with associates in our network of logistics centers to manage the processing and collection of the company’s receivables. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide support to our field finance team as well as build and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for collection activities, including sending regular follow up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, maintaining cash receipts and bringing collection problems to management for assistance.
- Perform a number of accounting functions for Accounts Receivable such as balancing A/R to G/L, reconciling clearing accounts, running of monthly integrity reports and other control issues as assigned.
- Manage the banking relationship, including EDI cash receipts, deposit issues and bank contact relationships.
- Document A/R issues as needed for monthly reserves or various audits.
- Produce AR department reports on specific customers or groups of customers and AR management reports as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records; adherence to accounting principles; ensuring internal controls are maintained.
- Work with logistic centers to resolve billing disputes.
Job Qualifications - Required
- Three plus years of corporate collections experience including interacting with large customer base.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and at a fast pace adapting to a fast changing environment.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handle multiple tasks
- JD Edwards experience
- Associate's Degree
- Familiarity with freight forwarding and transportation industries
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ Logistics America policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.