Service Desk Analyst
As part of CJ’s Corporate IT Department, the Service Desk Analyst provides a high level of customer service while supporting end users and customers. This position serves as the first point of contact for all technology related issues, executing troubleshooting procedures and collaborating with all technical resources to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
2nd Shift Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 11am - 7:30pm
3rd Shift Hours: Monday - Friday, 12am - 8:30am
- Respond to telephone, email and helpdesk requests for technical support using Zoom and ServiceNow.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and execute procedures accordingly.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues, both independently and in collaboration, with all available technical resources.
- Oversee and troubleshoot system related issues in coordination with local and field resources.
- Monitor, analyze, and respond to system hardware and software faults and failures, including but not limited to: IBM iSeries, Wintel servers, network devices, and the applications associated with these systems.
- Identify, research, and resolve Level 1 technical issues.
- Escalate technical issues that are beyond Level 1 in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the backup, recovery and tape management for AS/400 (iSeries) and Wintel Servers, utilizing the appropriate software tools (e.g. Commvault).
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of all computer system configurations, processes and procedures, according to established standards and policies.
- Support and maintain user account information, including rights, security and system groups.
- Analyze trouble ticket data to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate new technologies for potential applicability.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years work experience or equivalent preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Have some familiarity with an IT ticketing system and knowledge base
- ServiceNow experience preferred
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience with distribution center systems (WMS, TMS, etc.) helpful.
- Experience working with PC/MAC and Windows Server systems with one or more of the following operating systems in an enterprise environment; Windows 7, 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience providing support for an ERP system in an enterprise environment preferred; SAP, Red Prairie, SharePoint, Manhattan
- Experience working with IBM iSeries preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Comprehensive ability to work effectively as a team member or as a respected team leader.
- Considerable up-to-date knowledge of computer and networking hardware and software
- Able to provide application support to our user community using remote support tools.
- Considerable skills in creating and maintaining user self-help, technical and procedural documentation.
- Considerable skills in conveying knowledge to users, peers and management regarding products.
- Ability to solicit ideas from others and provide constructive technical feedback.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Communicates, both oral and written, effectively with the management groups, end users, customers, and technical staff.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to solve common problems.
- Focus on excellent customer service and needs of the user community.
- Reliable and cooperative team player; displays consideration and respect for others.
- Displays tact, patience, and the ability to handle stressful situations while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
- Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Able to travel to offsite locations within continental USA.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds of equipment, some twisting and turning with equipment installs.
- Provide after hours, Weekends and holidays support when needed (flexibility of shift).
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ Logistics America policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.