General Manager Freight Forwarding
The General Manager of Freight Forwarding is involved in managing staff and overseeing employees’ activities. Taking into account the type of goods and the customers’ delivery requirements, The General Manager of Freight Forwarding arranges the best means of transport, using the services of Steamship Lines, air cargo carriers, and Intermodal carriers and rail freight carriers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time, and security
· Arranging appropriate packing, taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination
· Negotiating contracts, transportation, and handling costs
· Obtaining, checking, and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing s specifications, and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes
· Liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, rail, air, or sea) in accordance with customer requirements
· Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
· Consistently oversee the freight from origination to destination and take responsibility for any occurrences while solving them both constructively and timely
· The ability to dispatch freight, update orders and load screens while also properly closing orders timely through our carrier system
· Deliver clear expectations in regard to the role and direction of team(s)Promote and instill a positive work environment that is challenging and engaging
· Proactively address concerns, conflicts, and interactions with team members
· Correspondence (both written and verbal) with customers and vendors from around the world
· Additional duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
· Minimum of 10 years in the International Freight Forwarding industry
· Completion of any industry-related course is an asset
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
· Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service, and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers, and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.