1st Shift Supervisor (Full-Time, Mon - Fri, 7am - 3pm) (Team Leader)
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
The Team Leader is responsible for directing and engaging operations employees in CJ Logistics America’s Logistics Center to achieve productivity goals. The Team Leader will manage a shift and will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve production and quality goals. The role will collaborate with various CJ Logistics America’s teams on implementing continuous improvement initiatives and leading practices
Engage the Workforce
- Interact with and motivate the workforce.
- Conduct daily shift meetings.
- Solve problems and address issues for employees.
- Regularly communicate team goals and results.
Deliver Operational Performance (including Productivity and Efficiency Targets)
- Understand and communicate shift, Customer and Logistics Center goals.
- Execute the daily work plan by adjusting the workflow to meet goals.
- Implement CJ Logistics America’s Labor Management Program (performance observations).
- Provide front line feedback on staffing needs to Supply Chain Leader and Operations Leader.
Manage Employee Performance (including Safety, Quality and Productivity)
- Provide coaching through observations and provide performance feedback.
- Track and communicate Operations Specialist performance.
- Conduct safety observations and participate in Safety Committee.
- Monitor and manage employee time, attendance and payroll.
Ensure Implementation of Leading Practices
- Job shadow Operations Specialists.
- Identify training and cross-training needs.
- Conduct on-the-job training with Operations Specialists.
- Perform process quality checks and program management.
Connect employees to customer business objectives
- Communicate customer specific requirements.
- Review Logistics Center performance against Customer requirements.
- Help the Operations Specialists to feel more connected to the larger customer goals employees to customer business objectives.
- 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Skills in leadership, organization, communication and cross functional teamwork.
- Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with MHE.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus.
- Ability to shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage with the workforce and create a positive environment and culture