The Regional Training Leader will have responsibility for safety and operations training at a regional level. The leader will have the responsibility for ensuring the regional training program activities are managed, executed and tracked for all assigned locations. This role will have dual responsibility of program oversight along with hands on training. The leader will be responsible for organizing and ensuring administrative compliance for training and refresher documentation (OSHA requirements) within their region.
This position will have responsibility for the Chicagoland Area Market.
- Executes and supports field safety and operational training initiatives.
- Responsible for coordinating with Logistic Centers Leadership and HR partners to facilitate training activities, which would include new hire, annual refresher courses and newly required training.
- Evaluates training effectiveness for each facility and partners with sites to enhance training effectiveness / needs.
- Ensures training programs are executed in compliance with corporate objectives in a timely manner.
- Recommend process or training method changes to enhance the learning experience and maintain efficient transfer of knowledge.
- Acts as an agent to motivate and educate the team to support training priorities.
- Provides coaching and development to Logistics Center teams responsible for executing training activities.
- Leads training for new start-up operations and other key initiatives.
- Works closely with the Regional HR leaders to ensure thorough implementation of the training program.
- Actively participates in communication with the overall regional leadership, to ensure compliance related activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a warehouse environment and familiarity with operating equipment and systems.
- Experience leading training sessions on a variety of topics, ability to manage a group and flexible to adjust to the learning speed of students
- Presentation style that engages/motivates to drive change in behavior
- Ability to provide constructive coaching feedback in a professional manner.
- Experience in driving safety and quality standards
- Experience with Microsoft applications and Google suite applications.
- Ability to shift priorities and multi-task in a challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel locally (up to 75%)
- This role operates in a field warehouse environment.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.