Manager, Transportation Technology
CJ Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. CJ achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, CJ delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, CJ helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
The Manager Transportation Technology is responsible for supporting and driving system capabilities and enhancements into CJ’s MercuryGate TMS and related technologies. The Manager Transportation Technology will support the user community in resolving incidents, service requests and problems, and also develop new capabilities and functionality required by the business. The Manager Transportation Technology will translate needs into technical and operational requirements so that functional development can be configured, documented and delivered. The Manager Transportation Technology must be highly tuned in to industry best practices and advances with regard to TMS and related technologies. The Manager Transportation Technology is a business partner delivering technical solutions to meet business needs, with direct supervisory responsibilities for a team.
- Manage the relationship between CJ’s TMC and our technology partners including MercuryGate,
- MacroPoint, FreightFriend, HubTran, and other key technology providers.
- Analyze and define customer requirements.
- Develop, configure and enhance Transportation Management Systems, related applications of
integrated solutions and projects. This will include in-house development activity as well as third
party packaged applications.
- Find and integrate new technologies with the TMC, develop best practices on how to use the
technology and implement with the team.
- Develop process improvements with technology enhancements and deliver to the operation.
- Lead assigned projects or tasks, including design and code reviews
- Manage and develop the TMS Super User analyst community through effective measurement of
performance and productivity, providing feedback and guidance where needed.
- Drive positive business results by building an engaged and talented team.
- Manage a team of direct reports.
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in transportation management, to include a combination of any of the following: transportation analysis, planning, operations or managing transportation management systems and super users.
- Knowledge of supply chain technology with an emphasis on Transportation Systems and related technologies.
- Experience in creating / maintaining as-built documentation owned jointly across a multitude of levels.
- MercuryGate TMS Super User.
- Experience using Agile (Scrum) development methods.
- Knowledge of logistics center operations with basic understanding of warehousing, inventory, order fulfillment, customer service, and transportation.
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and operations experience within a transportation management department.
- The ability to translate technical issues into everyday language.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.