Carrier Onboarding Analyst
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
The Analyst, Carrier Onboarding will focus on sourcing, qualifying, and contracting new carriers to the CJ Logistics network. In this role, the successful candidate will develop relationships with new carriers; contract and onboard carriers to the CJ Logistics America network, and be responsible for managing a weekly new carrier onboarding quota. The Analyst will be responsible for delivering results by maximizing carrier relationships, reducing cost, improving service, and increasing carrier capacity.
- Cold call and build relationships with new carriers
- Profile and match carrier capabilities with CJ Logistics America managed transportation network
- Collaborate with peers in the Performance Management team to continuously identify new carriers for each network
- Utilize benchmarks to procure transportations services at rates that are competitive to CJ Logistics America
- Contract and onboard new small/mid-sized carriers in line with weekly quota
- Manage carriers to ensure compliance to government regulations as well as CJ Logistics America policies and procedures
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements as needed
- Collaborate with carriers and internal teams on continual improvement initiatives
- Utilize FreightFriend, Carma, RMIS, DAT, Truckstop and other carrier management applications
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years experience sourcing carriers at a 3PL/4PL or Shipper
- Prior experience with Mercury Gate and RMIS is a plus
- Experience in Transportation Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Manufacturing industries
- Experience with Transportation Management systems including Mercury Gate
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.