The Transportation Analyst to be responsible responsible for overseeing the transportation process for various customer product from pick-up to delivery, ensuring accuracy of load information, and partnering with both internal and external resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner. The Transportation Analyst communicates daily with Carrier Management, Customer Service, and the distribution network. The Transportation Analyst requires a strategic thinker and problem solver to support both carriers and customers on a daily basis to ensure operational excellence.
- Resolve to the original commitment or next best alternative
- Facilitate corrective actions on loads
- Communicate with the shipper for production issues
- Record and report accountability (Recall reports)
- Conduct daily update calls with the stakeholders
- Create daily summary reports and send to DSC leadership team
- Assign after hours’ coverage and manage the schedule
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Determine and enter primary/secondary late reason coding
- Solve problems using analytical, practical, & critical thinking skills
- Identify, measure and manage key performance indicators
- Work closely with customer service representatives, plant/DC personnel & carriers to resolve service issues
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in transportation.
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and best practices
- Demonstrated competency in MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
- Experience working in a transportation management system (TMS)
- Experience working with Google applications
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.