Director, Warehouse Optimization
The Director of WMS Optimization is responsible for all aspects of the conversion to our new (Blue Yonder) WMS platform. The Director will lead the development of the conversion team, as well as, managing the conversion from the site, ensuring thorough testing is completed, manage the project budget, and rollout schedule. The Director will collaborate with executive team members, operational leaders, and IT leaders on various aspects of the conversion.
- Motivate and lead teams while engaging and influencing others constitutes to ensure successful conversions
- Deliver projects either within warehouse operations or IT that have simplified and defined systems and processes to drive performance improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop, deploy, and lead a WMS implementation team consisting of project leaders, project managers, subject matter experts and warehouse team members to deliver successful results.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders to define metrics and goals to determine success factors and conduct operational assessments to address gaps and continuous improvement efforts
- Lead internal communication to provide conversion updates, schedules changes, business impacts and organization needs to drive success and continuity.
- Maintain financial reporting to track expenses and benefits to align with budgets and financial commitments
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities around technology, engineering, and process improvements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. 10+ years of industry specific experience.
- 10+ years of experience in various warehouse management roles with strong leadership capabilities
- Must be open to extensive travel on an on-going basis.-Ability to travel 60%-75%
- Working knowledge of warehouse systems with strong understanding of functionality and operational processes.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and be a liaison between internal/external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation.
- The individual must be collaborative, innovative, and have a proven track record of large-scale cross-functional projects.
- Have advanced knowledge of warehouse operational functions including but not limited to picking, packing, shipping, and receiving with, transportation, and inventory management knowledge.
- Have working knowledge between warehouse system functionality and warehouse operational processes.
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.CJ Logistics America is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ Logistics America’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.