Director Business Development
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
The Director, Business Development role is responsible for managing and executing CJ’s business development process which focuses on designing, integrating, managing and adapting supply chain solutions that are based on customer needs. They will manage and motivate internal cross-functional teams to deliver proposals to customers that deliver value and help them achieve their goals. They will also represent the company to the marketplace through industry events, the RFP process, conference’s and other lead generating activities.
We are seeking candidates in the Chicago, Illinois area to work from our Corporate Office; however, we will consider a remote office situation for the right person. Travel is required to customer locations and CJ internal facilities.
Strategic Customer Development
- Manage and own the business development process and RFP delivery objectives within for potential customers
- Leverage industry contacts and relationships to build awareness of CJ among target market companies and to develop new business opportunities
- Lead complex sales cycles and manage internal CJ teams to develop new strategic customer acquisitions
- Gain an understanding of each customer’s supply chain operations and match CJ solutions to generate high impact, customer-centric proposals.
- Orchestrate events during the sales cycle (meetings, tours, workshops) that enable each customer to experience CJ’s culture, leadership and passion first hand
- Navigate prospect’s organizations and utilize CJ resources to best position CJ with all the decision makers and influencers
- Construct value propositions that summarize CJ integrated solutions in customer terms
- Meet and exceed new business sales targets on an annual basis
Proposal Design and Delivery
- Develop an understanding of each customer’s supply chain operation and match CJ solutions with that understanding for the purpose of generating high impact, customer-centric proposals
- Manage business development and delivery objectives with new customers
- Develop customized value propositions that summarize CJ benefits in customer terms
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a client facing role or account management role
- Experience selling engagements of at least $5 million dollars on an annual basis.
- Proven ability to generate leads and move them through the sales process.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage and maintain all facets of complex assignments.
- Problem solving skills with aptitude to identify strategic solutions to business problems with enterprise-wide implications.
- Flexibility to work among diverse corporate environments, industries and audiences.
- Knowledge of the Retail/Food/CPG Supply Chain industries
- Proven experience in managing complex outsourcing models and RFPs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively along vertical and horizontal planes internally and in client organizations (including C-Level)
- Capable of multi-tasking with rapidly changing priorities and managing multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in transportation management, freight forwarding, customs brokerage, or warehousing and distribution services
- Approachable, genuine and authentic
- Persevering and positive
- Results driven
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
CJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.