Industrial Engineer, Labor Management
We currently have an opening in our Engineering Department at our corporate office in Des Plaines, responsible for using business intelligence and insights to drive operational efficiency throughout a nationwide distribution network. This Industrial Engineer will be on the Labor Management Team and collaborate with the operations and optimization teams to ensure all productivity and system data issues are identified and resolved appropriately. Facilitation of projects and initiatives to improve the service performance and cost position of the customer’s business activities.
- Use data & statistical tools to create continuous improvement plans (including cost trending and improvement plans)
- Perform analysis to determine root cause of process barriers, identify sources of inefficiencies, waste or excess costs, and develop recommendations for process improvements
- Champion and lead improvement projects across the network
- Partner with leadership to provide training recommendations to operations on best practices
Produce analyses and provide information required by operations and the customer
- Support new business initiatives and start-up facilities
- Identify and implement initiatives/projects that reduce costs and improve services to customers
- Data analysis on items, zoning, picklines, and capacity
- Facility layout and design as well as modification of existing space
- Maintain inventory locator system
Job Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
- 1-3 years of industrial engineering experience in distribution environment
- Time/Motion study and process improvement experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in SQL, data pulling, data analytics
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Desire to learn new systems and adapt
- Ability to travel to logistics centers as needed (up to 70% based on project activity)
- Ability to work across a network and effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled in conveying information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization
- Self-accountable and motivated
- Objective and resilient when presenting findings and insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.