Senior Air and Ocean Coordinator
Lead the Export and Import areas at a given site, to assure consistent quality service, customer satisfaction, profitability, cost-efficient operations, and compliance with U.S. and international requirements, laws, ISO Standards, requirements, and other regulatory guidelines governing the export, import, receipt, and documentation of imported and exported products. Assures the clearance of air and/or ocean imported shipments through U.S. Customs in compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection Rules and Regulations. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the operational and financial performance, aligns budget to market, ensures the accuracy of results, reviews financial results with teams, and implements adjustments as required
- Manages the quote process to ensure timely processing, accuracy, performance, escalation, and approval; negotiates with customers or providers to secure the best cost or price
- Manages the services and performance of vendors, third-party providers, and other relationships
- Oversee or compute tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported to foreign destinations
- Maximize profitability through superior service to customers, effective and prompt communications, and follow-up of all pending matters with the customer, including changes, scheduling, new regulations, bonding/insurance requirements, and general industry expertise, etc.
- Manage all import, export, or breakbulk transactions and applicable administrative U.S. and foreign government programs to ensure all paperwork is processed efficiently and on time, and meets all compliance requirements; aligns operations with overall product strategy
- Oversee the preparation of U.S. Customs documentation, including but not limited to invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, receipts, to ensure accurate and complete documents are prepared within designated timeframes
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjust accordingly to ensure sufficient staffing schedules which support operational demands
- Keep senior management informed of all transaction problems or irregularities
- Establish, monitor, revise, document, and communicate all directives, rules, and procedures to staff, for the handling of each account, including scheduling of service fees, shipment and booking process, and any other related information
- Additional duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in U.S. Customs and International trade with a basic understanding of customs valuation, classification, compliance/audit, and trade programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team environment
- Minimum 8 years of experience in international freight forwarding areas
- Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to climb!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement!
CJ Logistics America About Statement:
CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible for the North America region, specializing in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.
CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.