Transportation Systems & Process Analyst
The Analyst is responsible enabling change by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to our stakeholders. Responsible for leading technical and process development for GN’s transportation systems and integrated technology. This role interacts with CJ’s customers (internal and external) and external system consultants to recommend improvements, manage action items, and address issues related to system enhancements and error resolution.
- Configure, test, document, and implement Mercury Gate/Fleet Transportation Management System and Samsara ELD to facilitate efficient Transportation Operations
- Analyze service, cost, processes and productivity of new and existing business and recommend improvements. Determine the impact and ROI and communicate to leaders.
- Validate master data for accuracy. Investigate errors and help determine how to improve future data quality.
- Receive requests for new processes and map out future state, making sure our internal and external customers have what they need to execute daily business.
- Manage new and existing technology vendors. Ensure that the continued state aligns with our customers’ needs; identify deficiencies proactively and communicate with leaders about recommended solutions.
- Train transportation related technology solutions and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office products - MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Technically oriented with the ability to produce and manage test plans
- Working knowledge of technical data structure such as EDI and XML
- 3+ years MercuryGate TMS super user experience or related Fleet Management Systems
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
- 1+ year of experience in transportation operations
- Experience in an analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
- Technical coding languages such as VBA, SQL, R, Python
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Working knowledge of Smartsheets or other Project Management tools
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to work within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Disciplined problem solving skills
- Mentally flexible & self-motivated - willingness and desire to dive deep into the details while being able to synthesize and implement resolutions appropriately
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously under varying deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office and computer equipment.