TMI | Marketing Manager
Who We Are
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Brand Marketing
· Create and implement strategies that would enhance the business activities of the enterprise
· Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions, brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies
· Develop Chef One product positioning in the market
· Lead marketing activities and events including food shows and dumpling festival
· Lead Chef One new product development planning
· Execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and brand awareness of a company or a product
· Develop marketing collaterals and sales tools/presentations for new and existing Chef One products
· Manage/oversee online marketing including social media, email, website(s) and related activities
· Manage B2B advertising budget and activities
· Lead marketing projects related to content creation (videos/photos/recipes/etc.) and promotional materials
· Supervise and monitor ongoing marketing promotional activities which includes single distributor events, other events produced by third parties, and company produced events; and food shows
· Develop a media kit, press releases, articles, e-newsletters and other content that promoted a positive company image to the public, clients, and communities.
· Responsible for analyzing and reporting on promotion activities performed/level of spending, evaluating key program results against established KPI's.
Contribute to the development and compliance management of account key performance indicators. Makes proactive recommendations to improve programming details and/or execution deficiencies for gaps
Track channel/customer performance in all sales fundamentals against the category, competition and growth targets
Other duties as assigned by your manager
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
· 4-6 years of management experience in sales/marketing role
· At least 2 years in a supervisory role in sales and/or marketing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of marketing and analytics.
· Strong business ethics and integrity
· Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoi