TMI | Purchasing Assistant
Who We Are
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
- Collaborate with production and marketing department on order placements
- Assist production team with purchases of raw materials and services
- Monitor and control raw material inventory levels
- Maintain a monthly report on inventory closing
- Sourcing and selecting new suppliers and raw material for R&D department
- Maintain effective relationships with all vendors and suppliers
- Track commodity pricing information
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Collaborate with the Accounts Payable Department to ensure efficient processing of invoices
- Prepare purchasing reports and price analysis for the production department
- Coordinating with logistics department/company for incoming shipment
- Maintains and requests all required documents from suppliers for audits
- Assist Manager in various projects