TMI | Maintenance Assistant Manager
Who We Are
JOB PURPOSE: The Maintenance Assistant Manager is primarily responsible for enforcing stable production by operating the best facilities and maintenance processes; ensuring that the machines are working properly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Examine machinery to ensure that it is functioning properly and to check for defects in parts or components
- Repair machines if the machines are broken
- Assist in the accomplishment of any maintenance required to operate the business safely
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in ensuring that the production facility equipment is readily available for production
- Facility Management
- Establish annual facility proposal and investment plan for department head for review and approval.
- Create and implement maintenance procedures and processes to ensure that the facility is running smoothly and efficiently
- In accordance with annual investment plan, investigate and report performance on a monthly basis
- Assist the Environmental and Safety function in hazardous waste
- Repair Cost Management
- Analyze annual repair cost and assist the Maintenance Manager in making a business plan
- Cooperates and collaborates with all staff in determining plant maintenance and repair priorities
- Coordinate and arrange outside contractors to come into our plant to fix their machines
- Other duties
- Research and acquire information about new technology developments and facilities
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2-4 years of experience in maintenance/mechanics
- Have some experience with fixing A/C system
- Must be able to work in a
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.