TMI | Repair and Maintenance Assistant Manager
Who We Are
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
- Repair and maintain machinery, (photoelectric sensor, contactors, vfd, bearings, motors, belts) self or team work.
- monitor building condition
- coordinate with production team to set up work schedule
- Examine machinery to ensure that it is functioning properly and to check for defects in parts or components
- Repair machines if the machines are broken
- Assist in the accomplishment of any maintenance required to operate the business safely
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in ensuring that the production facility equipment is readily available for production
- Cooperates and collaborates with all staff in determining plant maintenance and repair priorities
- Coordinate and arrange outside contractors to come into our plant to fix their machines
- Assist the Environmental and Safety function in hazardous waste
Required Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in engineering or technical related field (mechanical or electrical)
- Flexible work schedule
- Bilingual in English and Chinese
- prefer to have driver licence
- Individual should be self-motivated