TMA | Production Foreman - 3rd Shift
Who We Are
The Production Foreman plans, directs, coordinates, and controls activities of workers engaged in a production line on a daily basis by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply work procedures to meet production schedules
- Create and monitor schedules for each worker
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with employees
- Develop and review production Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Responsible for communicating & ensuring all production, safety & food quality processes are followed (i.e. SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP))
- Responds to grievances in conjunction with facility HR and Production Manager, and works with subordinates and Production Manager to discuss and eliminate problems
- Handle on-site incidents and emergencies in a proactive manner
- Ensure that employees adhere to company policies and work rules
- Responsible for training employees on equipment and processes
- Create job progress reports regularly and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the supervisor
- Make sure that work area is clean and cleared of any hazardous materials before the beginning of shift
- Ensure that all tools are available to employees and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining departmental reports & records
- Review and approve daily timesheets
- Actively participates in safety & food safety policies, activities and implementations.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior supervisory role in a production facility preferred
- Food industry experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good math skills
- Able to use computer programs
- Must be able to adjust shift to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in various controlled temperature environments.
- Must have physical ability and strength to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to lift and carry weight from 5 to 50 lbs without assistance for prolonged periods of time
- Required to stand, push / pull, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling equipment.
- Shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Previous experience operating a forklift and pallet jack required
- Must be able to communicate in English - Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Korean) highly desirable
- Training and/or certifications in food & beverage manufacturing (i.e. GMP, HACCP) preferred