TMA | Maintenance/Electrical Mechanic
Who We Are
This individual will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical systems throughout a fast paced food manufacturing plant. Could be required to install, maintain, diagnose, repair and troubleshoot various production machinery including electrical up to 480V.
Job Role: This individual will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical systems throughout a fast paced food manufacturing plant. Could be required to install, maintain, diagnose, repair and troubleshoot various production machinery including electrical up to 480V.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, and electrical systems in the facility.
- Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all regulations including OSHA, Food Safety, and State of New Jersey
- Maintain maintenance area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Utilize maintenance systems as necessary to complete daily, weekly, monthly routine duties.
- Operate material handling equipment safely.
- Document work order completion status.
- Provide support to team in the predictive and prevention maintenance program.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical certification
- Welding experience is a plus
- Experience with industrial equipment in a food manufacturing plant strongly preferred
- Proficient in English required - bilingual (English/Spanish, English/Korean) a plus
- Critical thinking, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Math skills
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Must be able to work in various temperature environments (i.e. freezer and engine room)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to enter confined spaces when necessary.
- Ability to stand, kneel or crouch for long periods of time throughout the day