TMI | SCM Analyst
Who We Are
TMI began in a 3,000 ft2 noodle factory in New York's Chinatown district in 1989 with the mission of creating fresher and better tasting noodles. Within 3 years the company expanded to a 22,000 ft2 facility in Brooklyn and eventually added dumplings and other Asian specialties to their product mix. In 2001, TMI Trading was added under the TMI umbrella with the commitment of sharing quality specialty foods from Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, and Singapore,in the US market, and transforming them into household staples.
In late 2012, TMI became an affiliate of CJ Group through acquisition. Cheiljedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors—Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 55,000 employees around the world, CJ Group promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services.
Today, TMI employs over 300 people and occupies more than 200,000 ft2 in Brooklyn. It is comprised of the brands Twin Marquis, Chef One, and Tang's Natural, each specializing in its own category of goods. Twin Marquis and Chef One are both successful and highly influential brands in the US East Coast Asian food markets, with Twin Marquis specializing in noodles and dumpling wrappers, and Chef One famous for its dumplings. TMI's commitment to fresh, delicious ingredients and innovative product development has made them New York's leading Asian food company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Track inventory flow from different location
· Record daily inventory inbound/outbound from different locations
· Design and improve inventory worksheets to enhance data accuracy
· Make daily inventory conversions and adjustments
· Assist in system implementation of NAV
· Record purchase orders and set up new items on NAV
· Analysis of sale & demand trend for future forecast
· Bilingual Speaking Required (English & Korean or Chinese)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
· Strong computer skills required including experience managing databases and developing Excel spreadsheets.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including deadline-sensitive priorities.
· Candidates must be willing and able to “roll up their sleeves” and work in a fast-paced team environment.
· Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, critical thinker with excellent writing skills; extremely organized and detail oriented.
· Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
· Bilingual Speaking Required (English & Korean)