CJ Foodville | Senior Accountant
Who We Are
Full Time Employee – Exempt
Commerce, CA 90040
Cheil Jedang (CJ) began as a food manufacturing company within the Samsung Corporation Established in 1953. CJ Corporation since has developed its business portfolio into four core sectors – Food & Food Services, Bio & Pharmaceuticals, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. Creating products and services that promote a healthy, happy and convenient lifestyle, CJ has become one of Korea’s most innovative companies.
Since 2004, CJ Foodville USA has been creating a comfortable, relaxing, and family-friendly environment, where customers can feel the same way of enjoying a meal with their own family and neighbors. We emphasize on delivering a service where everyone is treated like a family member! CJ Foodville USA currently operates Tous les Jours, bakery franchise delivering healthy yet delicious freshly baked bread and cakes.
Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information and also supervise junior accountants. Also secures financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and auditing.
JOB DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
- Work closely with team members to coordinate with the month-end close
- Research and analyze expense variances for company management
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies
- Interface with banks and debt providers on reporting, compliance, and cash management
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Manages payment activities such as sending follow up inquiries, negotiating for better payment terms.
- Maintain completed & detailed documentation of all collection activities
- Carry out Quarterly & Yearly physical count of inventory sampling
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated IFRS package
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support Business Management team
- Financial Management
- Ethical Conduct
Qualifications for a senior accountant include having an extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures; having strong accounting skills; being able to handle multiple projects in a given time, including during deadline periods; being a self-starter as well as a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required.
- An MBA in accounting or CPA is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Maintain high attention to detail and strict deadlines
- Must be able to work efficiently in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written - Bilingual (English and Korean) is a must.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities
- General Microsoft office knowledge with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
CJ has been leading the food industry in Korea, and it is now turning to the global market with efforts to bring to the world the taste and culture of Korean food.
CJ Foodville was established in the US in 2004 and currently operates two main food service businesses: Tous Les Jours, a Bakery Franchise.
Tous Les Jours is a French-Asian Bakery serving a unique selection of bakery goods and beverages made with high quality of ingredients. It has established a reputable bakery café system in the United States, building on a brand image that is respected in Asian American communities and is expanding into the mainstream markets. Right-out- of-the-oven freshness is essential for tasty baked goods, and Tous Les Jours stands behind the promise of baked goods made fresh daily.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Leave (short term 100% covered)
- Health Savings Account
- ($50/month) Gym Reimbursements
- Lunch Allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (generous and increases by service year)
- 401(k) 5% Match (no vesting period!)
- Employee Discounts on CJ affiliates’ purchases