CJ America HQ | Employee Relations Manager
Who We Are
The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for ensuring best practices on a wide range of employee relations issues including compliance with policies and procedures, providing advice and guidance on complex and challenging matters, and conducting investigations in a regional HQ for all affiliates.
Employee Relations will serve as a trusted resource and strategic partner to employees, managers, and head of HR in each affiliate to create a community premised on trust and equity, where all feel a sense of belonging, can be productive and successful in achieving their professional and personal goals and can positively contribute to the corporate goal.
Job Scope and Responsibilities
- Audit existing procedures and workflows, augment, streamline and refine as required by new policies, laws, and initiatives based on strong knowledge of state (California/New York/Illinois) and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration.
- Continually monitors, maintains and updates company policies and procedures, and manages the overall company and corporate communication plans; stays abreast of legal issues relating to employment and employees
- Lead quality investigations of complaints from intake interviews to recommended corrective actions which range from coaching to terminations.
- Perform employee exit process – facilitate the layoff, firing or departure process of employees
- Conduct exit interviews and administer severance, and often they assist with firing decisions and notification of termination.
- Identify training needs and provides training (sexual harassment, PIP and disciplinary action) and coaching on employee issues, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee information in accordance with HIPPA
- Manage workers’ Comp. claims and partner with supervisors on Return to Work Programs and conduct root cause analysis of injuries/issues and near misses and makes recommendations
- Help coordinate company events, employee involvement program as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- 7-10 years’ experience
- HR Policies and Procedures – Min. 2 years
- Employee Relations – Min. 2 years
- Human Resources – Min. 3 years
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations and requirements related to HR including ERISA, EEO, LOAs, ADA, Workers’ Comp, COBRA, Wage and Hour and others
- Good judgment and problem solving skills in order to regularly resolve conflicts
- Friendly and persuasive
- Empathetic individuals with great interpersonal skills
- Actively lead employee investigations/progressive discipline process.
- Facilitate classes and seminars including harassment prevention, safety, etc.
- Ability to respond to Company emergencies 7 days a week/24 hours a day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year