CJ FMBC | Quality Control Receiving Technician
Who We Are
About CJ Foods Manufacturing Beaumont Corporation:
Established in 1953, CheilJedang (CJ) began as a food manufacturing company that eventually became . Spinning off from Samsung in 1993, CJ Group has developed its business portfolio into four core sectors – Food & Food Service, Bio Technology, Entertainment & Media, and Retail & Logistics.
CJ Foods, Inc. is the U.S. headquarters for CJ Group's food division.
Since its opening in 1978, CJ Foods has quickly become a major manufacturer and distributor of Asian food products with a focus on Korean food. Through our brands, Bibigo and Annie Chun's, we are able to offer an extensive range of packaged food products, including dumplings, noodles and sauces.
CJ Foods Manufacturing Beaumont Corporation (CJ FMBC), our newest and the largest production facility in Southern California yet, is looking to assemble the finest team to work with us as we continually expand our product lines.
Be a part of new beginnings at CJ Foods!
Working along with warehouse personnel, maintains and assures effectiveness of quality control programs. Provides support and technical assistance to Production and Warehouse teams. Ensures compliance to requirements established on the Allergen Program, Gluten Free Plan, Organic Plan, etc. Contributes to the strategies and continuous improvement initiatives led by the Quality and the Operations Departments.
- Ensures materials are received only from approved vendors. Maintains Approved Vendor List
- Verifies and documents supplier lot number and assigns FMBC lot number for all received ingredients
- Assigns receiving and expiration dates to all raw materials for FIFO control
- Ensures all raw materials are labeled with proper information (i.e. allergen, organic, gluten free, etc.)
- Reviews COA, COCs, etc. and ensures raw material is in compliance with product specifications
- Collects representative samples of raw material for further microbiological or analytical testing
- Reconciles PO# and order quantity. Communicates to Purchasing Department for any discrepancies
- Conducts required raw material testing upon receipt (physical, chemical, organoleptic, etc. )
- Coordinates the evaluation of raw material with QA management for ingredient shelf life extensions
- Puts on hold out of specification materials; supports the evaluation and release/discard of ingredients
- Releases raw materials and packaging for production use. Ensures FIFO is followed.
- Creates and maintains the packaging material library. Works with QA Regulatory to maintain most updated versions of packaging labels.
- Ensures proper storage and identification of raw materials with allergens, organic, etc. Makes sure vertical control is followed.
- Prepares supplier complaint reports and submits to QA and Purchasing departments
- Assists on mock recall exercises providing all receiving documentation.
- Ensures warehouse personnel is following storage best practices for allergens, organic, and gluten free raw materials.
- Ensures warehouse personnel stores ingredients according to temperature requirements (ambient, cooler, freezer).
- Supports trailer inspection to ensure material and transportation unit comply with quality and food safety requirements.
- Supports FSMA, HACCP and other required regulatory programs.
BS Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or science based program preferred
Minimum of 1 year of experience in the food industry. QA/QC experienced preferred.
Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
HACCP, SQF, BRC and/or FSMA certification is a big plus