Meat Counter Associate (Greenwich Stores)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market is seeking experienced Meat Counter Associates to join our team! We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and are seeking experts in the meat industry to help us exceed in customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience in a meat/butcher or related role
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Knowledge of meat products and prime cuts
- Basic meat cooking techniques (cooking time, temperatures- internal/external)
- Superior knife skills and ability to properly ability to properly and safely utilize department equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn about our product and upkeep with product knowledge
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time including kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests and promote department sales
- Serve and assist customers, explain product flavor, origin, taste and how they are prepared
- Prepare, package, weigh, portion, and price product upon request
- Maintain and arrange product displays, cases, and overall department
- Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- Tend electric grinder to grind meat.
- Shape and tie roasts
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station, back room, storage and surrounding areas.
- Follow and comply with Company policies and procedures, including health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
In return we offer!
Competitive Wages, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts - Health, Transit and Dependent Care, Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Discount and 401K Retirement Savings with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)