Stock Associate (West Side Store)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking part-time Stock Associates to join our team at our West Side Store! Our Stock Associates are devoted to ensuring proper presentation of our stores while providing exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting, carrying, push/pull weight
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Monitor and ensure freshness and quality of products
- Properly display and merchandise products
- Set up and break down pallets, load/ unload product from trucks
- Fill, properly rotate, and replenish product in all store areas
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests, promote sales, and fulfill customer requests as needed
- Take inventory / examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished
- Maintain store appearance, cleanliness, and display standards in compliance with Citarella
- policies and food safety/sanitation handling procedures
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
In return, we offer competitive wages, great benefits, and an associate discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).