Health & Safety Compliance Specialist
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Basic Job Function:
The role of Compliance and Health & Safety Specialist is a critical function in the daily operations under the Greenwich Village Fish Company Umbrella (Citarella, Fulton, Meat Without Feet and Lockwood & Winant) with regard to Regulatory Rules and Regulations that must be met. The CH&S Specialist must have a working knowledge of Rules and Regulations as they pertain to; OSHA, FDA, USDA, NYCDOH, EPA, DEC, DEP, NYS Dept of Ag, FDNY, DOT, and The Patriot Act Food Safety.
The Specialist will report directly to the Compliance Manager with his/her findings, observations or inspections.
The Compliance and Health & Safety Specialist Role includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct Periodic reviews and inspections of all facilities.
- Assess all facilities for Compliance and Health & Safety Issues.
- Conducts Environmental audits to assure adherence to standards are met.
- Identifies and follows up with Compliance Irregularities.
- Renews License and/or Permits with Regulatory Agencies.
- Maintains Documents and Records from Internal and Regulatory Agency Inspections.
- Provides assistance and training to employees and HR as needed.
- Reviews Communications between Regulatory Agencies and the Company.
- Monitor’s Compliance System to ensure effectiveness and makes changes when required.
- Develops and Implements Recall Plans for Product.
- Researches all Federal, State, City and Local Rules and Regulations that pertain to Food and Production including but not limited to shipping of product inter-state and intra-state.
- Develops Contingency Plans to better prepare the company for emergencies and/or natural disasters.
- Develops HACCP Plans for the safe receiving, production and shipment of all PHF’s.
- Prepares and develops Emergency Procedures and Drills.
- The CH&S Specialist not only seeks out the Compliance and Health & Safety Issues but must follow up with a Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Discuss with location managers any compliance issues that are found during an Internal Audit.
- Inspect the exterior of the structures for security issues and cracks or openings in the buildings that could lead to rodent activity
- The CH&S Manager will oversee the Extermination in all facilities.
- Investigates any customer complaints with regard to Food products that are alleged to be tainted or containing physical, chemical or a biological hazard.
- HACCP Certification in seafood and juice
- Previous food training (Dept of Health and/or Dept of Agriculture)
- Food Commissary / Retail experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Available to work overnights and weekends (depends of business needs)
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental/Vision /life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)