Senior Operations Manager - Warehouse
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries.
While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service, and are seeking like-minded individuals to join our growing team as an Senior Operations Warehouse Manager!
A Senior Operations Manager role entails leading with a focus on safety, continuous improvement, relationship building, communication and strategic thinking. You will foster a “safety first” culture through awareness, training and accountability. Your guidance will help other operational leaders achieve established standards of service, quality, accuracy and productivity.
You’ll leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizens, GEMBA walks (is a lean manufacturing concept, that involves heading out into the workplace to see how things are actually going) and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve. Your teams will be enabled to do their best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing and learning. Getting to know your team and championing their unique strengths will motivate and inspire them to reach higher. With your support, both teams and individuals will improve through their clear understanding of goals and expectations, mutual accountability and regular constructive feedback. Your skills for planning and execution will take center stage as you set individual and team priorities and proactively structure resources to meet them.
- Maintains receiving, distribution and warehousing operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures. Supports the needs of all store locations in a timely fashion
- Implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business needs
- Supervision of staff including training and motivation to achieve warehouse and department goals
- Ensures freshness of products by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy
- Controls ordering; avoids over/under stock, maintains inventory. This can be done by conducting physical counts, reconciling with data storage system and monitoring ordering procedures.
- Responsible for training and monitoring in the proper use of equipment to ensure safety and sanitary standards are maintained
- Responsible for compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements.
- Assists in overseeing Trucking & Transportation department to ensure efficiency, productivity and compliance including DOT standards and regulations.
- Keep warehouse informed of all activities within own area of responsibility
- Trains and assigns employees to specific duties, working together as a team, and follows up to ensure expected results
- In addition, other duties required as directed by management.
- BS degree, preferably in the areas of Food Productions, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or related business, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in food production, manufacturing, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience or 18-36 months as an Operations Manager
- Prior supervisory skills preferably in a food production environment preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination
- Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in MS Office and basic Computer applications. Experience with Warehouse Management Systems preferred
- Bilingual a must (English & Spanish)
- Required to stand during scheduled hours. Flexibility to warehouse schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting weights of usually 5 -60 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being services properly and the warehouse operations are being completed in a timely manner.
In Return, We Offer!
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).