Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking experienced Production Cooks to join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx warehouse location.
Schedule: 4pm - 1 am or 10pm - 7am
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a culinary role in a high volume, high quality production and/or catering kitchen or similar role
- Prior mass production experience in restaurant/ catering/ hotel or similar environment is preferred
- Excellent knife skills and proficiency in all aspects of cooking
- Ability to take direction and follow recipes
- Working knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Professional work ethic and effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently, resourcefully, and meet deadlines
- Must have ability to work flexible schedule including overnight shifts and weekends
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position including extended periods of standing and walking throughout the day; ability to lift, pull, push carry up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to chef's/supervisors' instructions, following approved recipes & procedures.
- Weigh and measure ingredients; properly use recipes in order to produce a standard product.
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
- Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Follow all health, safety, sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business need
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Free Employee Parking
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).