Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking in-store Baristas to join the store teams for full-time and part-time positions This role is responsible for preparation and maintenance of all hot bar, cold bar, and salad bar food items for the To Go department.
Citarella is looking for passionate and talented individuals to join our Greenwich team for Part Time Barista positions.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional guest service, and the overall upkeep of the coffee bar while maintaining Citarella’s standards of quality and excellence. Ideal candidate will have excellent guest service skills and prior experience working with and preparing specialty coffees!
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a food prep/ barista role in a high-quality food service establishment, or similar/ relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build strong relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings, holidays
- Able to work in a safe manner while adhering to food safety standards and practices
- Punctual, reliable, and able to take direction well
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job including standing during scheduled hours, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting items of usually 5 -60 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being services properly and the store operations are being completed in a timely manner
This Role Includes
- Prepare and serve all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each
- Overall upkeep of coffee/ To-Go areas including continuous replenishment and maintain high quality of product
- Maintain presentation, appearance, cleanliness of areas and equipment
- Assist in other areas of the store as needed. Other duties, tasks, projects as per business need
- Competitive Wages
- Life insurance benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)