Prepared Foods Department Manager
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella is seeking a PREPARED FOODS MANAGER join our retail store team! The Prepared Foods Department Manager is the key player in overseeing and managing all aspects of the in-store prepared foods counter including but not limited to: department profitability and appearance, merchandising, delivering and exemplifying an exceptional guest experience, and leading team to successfully drive business/sales.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a prepared foods department in a grocer environment; or closely related experience
- Flexibility to work store schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, open and close schedule.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job including standing during scheduled hours, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting items of usually 5 -60 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being services properly and the store operations are being completed in a timely manner
- Food safety and sanitation knowledge
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Proficient computer knowledge and skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math needed to perform job responsibilities
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee multiple-shift operations of the prepared foods department
- Manage department profitability, merchandising, guest service, appearance, and associate supervision
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service to ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion
- Oversee Supervise the work department associates ensuring service standards are being met at all times
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing
- Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
- Follow established department opening and closing procedures
- Assist leadership, as required, to select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel team members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental/Vision /life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)