Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
• Prior supervisory skills preferably in a food environment
• Superior customer service skills
• Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Analytical ability and proficiency in math needed to manage inventory
• Implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business needs
• Assist in supervision of staff including training and motivation to achieve department goals
• Ensures freshness of products by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy
• Controls ordering; avoids over/under stock, maintains inventory
• Instructs in the proper use of store equipment to ensure safety and sanitary standards are maintained
• Handles customer/employee complaints quickly and efficiently in order to achieve customer satisfaction
• Keeps Store Manager informed of all activities within own area of responsibility
• Responsible for merchandising and proper signage
• Follows accepted store policies and procedures in a “hands on” management style
• Trains and assigns employees to specific duties, working together as a team, and follows up to ensure expected results
• Responsible for scheduling team members in the department
• In addition, other duties required as directed by management.
• Required to stand during scheduled hours. Flexibility to work store schedule including
nights, weekends and holidays (minimum 45 hours per week, 10-12 hours per day, 5-6
days per week), open and close schedule.
• Unload truck, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting weights of usually 5 -60 pounds.
Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being
services properly and the store operations are being completed in a timely manner.
• Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and
analyze data as required.