Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
We are seeking for a Maintenance Technician and Helper to join our team. These two roles is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the warehouse business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment between our warehouse and 8 store locations.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Welding stainless and cast iron
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Valid driver’s License.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: including but not limited to early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Experience with Welding, plumbing, refrigeration, cooking equipment, carpentry, and electrical
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health Insurance
- Transit and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Discount and 401K Retirement Savings with Company Match!
- Free Employee parking at the Warehouse
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)