Line Cooks (Greenwich Store)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seeking an in-store Full-time Line Cooks to join the store teams for full-time and part-time positions This role is responsible for preparation and maintenance of all hot bar, cold bar, and salad bar food items for the To Go department.
- Prepare food items for To Go bars including hot/cold bars, salad bars
- Ensure all products meet Citarella standards of quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation
- Monitor food levels and replenish items in a timely manner
- Ensure proper dating, labeling, rotation, and storage of product
- Maintain clean and organized work stations and surrounding areas
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and display standards in compliance with Citarella policies and food safety handling procedures.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Other reasonably assigned duties as per business needs
- 1+ year experience working in a kitchen or food service preparation role (restaurant/catering/hotel experience is preferred)
- Prior grill, saute, or related kitchen station experience
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to visually examine products for quality/ freshness and execute product batches per Citarella standards/ recipes
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication/ interpersonal skills and ability to take direction
- Willingness and ability to learn about our products
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, able to lift, carry, push and pull weights
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
In Return, We Offer!
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).