Meat Department Manager (Greenwich)
Our Meat Department Managers uphold Citarella standards within all areas of their department. They ensure all associates have a clear understanding of DOA’s health and sanitation standards. By upholding Citarella quality/freshness standards they take pride in maintaining a clean and organized meat counter/work area. Leading by example, they execute exceptional guest service, by retaining product knowledge and sharing it with their associates.
- Must always be guest focused while on the sales floor, while following Citarellas A.R.E module.
- Supervision of all department staff assign associates to specific duties and work together as a team to ensure they adhere to all Citarella standards.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, coaching, actively developing associates, and participating in performance/progress report processes for the associates.
- Responsible for maintaining clear communication with the store leadership regarding any issues within the Department. This includes participating in weekly store meetings.
- Conducts daily/weekly team meetings to give direction for the day or week.
- Ensures adherence to all company standards regarding service, product quality, and food safety practices. This includes having clear understanding of the product rotation and dating policy.
- Receive all major deliveries, checking for damaged, short, out of date, or missing product and promptly communicating any problems to the Store Manager. This includes reviewing and confirming all department orders to the warehouse.
- Perform daily on-hand inventory checks and review movement/daily sales reports to ensure accurate orders.
- Handles guest/employee complaints quickly and efficiently in order to exceed guest expectations.
- Maintains a visible presence on the department floor to monitor associates, operations, and provide guidance during store operation hours.
- 5 years of relevant management experience in Meat. Preferably in a grocery/retail environment.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and remain productive in a fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of food health & Safety practices. (DOA)
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills.
- Ability to train current and new employees on department standards and maintenance equipment/supplies.
- Previous experience placing orders and entering data into the computer.
- Vast knowledge with handling meats and product rotation. (This includes DOA practices.)
- Prior experience handling and operating meat knifes, grinder, and bandsaw.
- Adaptability – Being able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask.
Citarella Core Values
- Leadership – Have a great work ethic. Word Hard! Lead by example. Motivate each other! Keep it fun Engage with each other & our GUESTS!
- Excellence – Have guest know that Citarella is the BEST! Image, Reputation & Pride. You are the face of the company!
- Relentlessness – Never Settle. Do Not Compromise for Convenience. Be Demanding of Yourself, and each other! Never take short cuts!
- Loyalty – Appreciate team member loyalty, Honesty & Integrity.
- Teamwork – Rely on each other & Respect each other!
- Must be willing to travel to different store locations to meet the demands of the business.
- The associate is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 20 – 75 pounds.
- The position requires manual dexterity, visual skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work within a temperature-controlled environment.
- Willing to work hand to hand with other departments when instructed.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs change.
- Reporting to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by following Citarella standards and DOA.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
In Return, We Offer!
Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, flexible spending accounts including commuter benefits/ health and dependent care, paid time off, 401K program, and associate in-store discount!
Citarella is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).