Fish Department Manager
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella is seeking a FISH DEPARTMENT MANAGERS to join our team! This role is responsible for overseeing our fish department within the Citarella stores. Overall our fish department managers help upkeep of Citarella’s standards of product quality and excellence, driving sales and profit, overseeing multiple shifts and developing personnel, and managing daily department execution. Providing an exceptional shopping experience for our customers by listening, responding to customer needs, product knowledge, people skills, positive energy level, dependability, general math skills and excellent verbal communication. Knowledge of organic and natural products preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in seafood retail environment, with exceptional knowledge of Fish and Seafood.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of process controls, product flow, inventory control, quality control.
- Proper handling of equipment and maintain a safe and clean work environment following Citarella Safety & Sanitation guidelines.
- Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math needed to manage inventory.
- The position requires manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Must always be guest focused while on the sales floor, while following Citarellas C.A.R.E module.
- Trains and develops employees, assign employees to specific duties, works together as a team and follows up to ensure expected results.
- Ensures adherence to all company standards regarding service, product quality, and food safety practices. This includes having clear understanding of the C.A.R.E module, product rotation and dating policy.
- Keeps Store Manager informed of all activities within own area of responsibility.
- Implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business needs.
- Responsible for supervision of staff including training and motivation to achieve department goals.
- Controls ordering; avoids over/under stock, maintains inventory.
- Responsible for merchandising and proper signage.
- Receive all major deliveries, checking for damaged, short, out of date, or missing product and promptly communicating any problems to the Store Manager.
- Handles customer/employee complaints quickly and efficiently in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains a visible presence in the department floor to monitor associates, operations and provide guidance during store operation hours.
- The associate is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 20 – 75 pounds.
- The position requires manual dexterity, visual skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work within a temperature-controlled environment.
- Willing to work hand to hand with other departments when instructed.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs change.
- Reporting to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- Maintain a clean and safety work environment by following Citarella standards and DOA.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Dental /Vision
- Life insurance benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)