Produce Department Manager
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella is seeking a PRODUCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER to join our team! This role is responsible for all aspects of the produce department including overall upkeep of Citarella’s standards of product quality and excellence, driving sales and profit, overseeing multiple shifts and developing personnel, managing daily department execution, and providing exceptional guest experiences!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role in a fresh produce setting
- Expertise in food safety practices and working knowledge of produce
- Flexibility to work store schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, open and close schedule.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to supervise a diverse workforce
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Food safety and sanitation knowledge
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Proficient computer knowledge and skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to train current and new employees in department standards and product knowledge
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math needed to perform job responsibilities
- Ability to perform physical requirements of job including standing during scheduled hours, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting items of usually 5 -60 pounds. Working rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all customers are being services properly and the store operations are being completed in a timely manner
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee multiple-shift operations of the department. Manage all aspects of department including guest service, appearance, and associate supervision
- Supervise, motivate, and train teams; Promptly respond to customer needs and questions.
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide great customer service that encourage customer loyalty
- Communicate and maintain safety and security standards, while establishing a positive work environment.
- Open and close department according to established procedures.
- Ensure freshness of products, correct product rotation
- Monitor raw material and packaging inventories to ensure adequate quality, supply and freshness
- Delegate and follow up on tasks, ensure tasks/projects are fully executed, and manage department sales and productivity of team members
- Handle merchandising, budgeting and planning responsibilities
- Control ordering; avoid over/under stock, maintain accurate inventory while minimizing product loss.
- Instruct in the proper use of equipment to ensure safety and sanitary standards are maintained
- Communicate team concerns with Store Supervisors and management team. Work with management to address personnel and performance issues
- Oversee productivity, breaks, and proper department scheduling
- Motivate, coach and, mentor staff
- Possess knowledge of department trends and analyze various reports to forecast and adjust inventory levels and labor needs to maximize department sales and profits
- Ad job projects, tasks, as per store/business need
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)