Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality, and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries.
While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value, and service, and are seeking like-minded individuals to join our growing team as a Store Manager!
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in a food/grocery or retail operation
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching, and development of employees.
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction.
- Ability to work with performance metrics, product specifications, and management systems
- Proven experience managing a team within a multi-department operation
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of food and beverage
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expertise in health, food safety & sanitation procedures (Dept. of Health/ Dept. of agriculture experience is a plus)
- Coaching and staff development experience
- Knowledge and ability to operate basic kitchen equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends.
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be willing to travel to different store locations to meet the demands of the business
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position including standing for extended periods of time, bending, pulling, pushing, carrying up to 50 pounds, etc.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of daily store operation
- Track, analyze, and act to improve store performance at all levels
- Foster positive work environment and lead by example
- Hiring, training, and motivating store teams
- Ensuring the store products meet or exceed quality standards and are merchandised according to brand standards
- Achieving and exceeding profit goals while maintaining expense controls and increasing sales
- Focus on customers satisfaction and needs and hold employees accountable to provide the same superior service through best practices
- Oversee store merchandising, department ordering/receiving, waste and returns
- Oversee department and store schedules
- Ensure team members adhere to Company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Oversee control of all inventory, product cost, cash handling, and purchasing
- Oversee and monitor handling of cash, safe, registers, POS transactions
- Oversee and execute all the necessary reporting and admin duties: Invoices, Payroll, Inventory, etc.
- In addition, other duties, tasks, projects as per business need
In return, we offer!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)