Meat Associate (Warehouse)
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is looking to grow our skilled Meat Butchering team. We are seeking an individual whose interest and passion for learning about meat butchering is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is entry level and will be based out of our Hunts Point location in the Bronx.
- Maintain and stock product in warehouse, learn about product dating and inventory control.
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, using butcher's cutlery and powered equipment, such as electric grinder and band saw.
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, band saws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Prepares and trims all meat cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to make roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- Tends electric grinder to grind meat.
- Shapes and ties roasts.
- Maintain clean and organized work station, storage and surrounding areas.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures to maintain a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in the correct uniform.
- In addition, other duties maybe required as directed by your manager.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time in cold climate conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Lifting loads of up to 80 lbs on your own and 200 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to read, write and communicate sufficient to perform job functions.
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)